Re: OT Ripple Leader LTC-905

Fabio Trevisan

Hi Jerry,
I realize now may be too late, as you made up tour mind to sell the thing
but...
It may be a long shot and I don't know your leader in particular but, since
Mark pointed out that the two wire model is susceptible to mains lead
neutral to phase inversion, I wonder if even the 3 wire model is also
susceptible.
In that case, the neutral and phase wires may be wired wrong in your wall
outlet and since the 3 prong plug won't let you reverse it, you could be
stuck to the problem just because of the wrong wiring of the wall
receptacle.
Even if you're not keeping it, it may still worth to check your wall outlet.
Brgrds,
Fabio

On Feb 14, 2017 11:36 PM, "Jerry Massengale jmassen418@...
[TekScopes]" <TekScopes@...> wrote:

Hi,

Yes, mine has a 3 wire power cord and the green wire is tied to the chassis
as is the system ground. I looked at the 3 dc power busses and they are
clean and at the correct voltage. The output of the step generator looks
good at the output of the buffer. I am concerned with a very long ground
bus directly tied to earth. I was tempted to disconnect chassis gnd from
signal gnd but decided to sell it instead. Another issue is the 3 banana
jacks for the transistor connection are not on the standard 0.75 inch
spacing that fit my adapters. This is all part of my downsizing efforts. I
recently sold my 576 that I really liked. One option was to use a 7CT1N
with my 7704A, The other was to acquire the Leader LTC-905 and use it with
my 2465A. I put the 905 on ebay for a very low price and will soon put the
2465A up for sale.

jerry

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Clark bclark207@... [TekScopes] <

TekScopes@...> wrote:

What does the earth connection connect to in the curve tracer? Mine has
an original two-wire cord with standard two-prong plug - not even
polarized.

On 02/14/2017 02:24 PM, Jerry Massengale jmassen418@...
[TekScopes] wrote:

Hi,

Replacing the 4 rectifiers greatly reduced the ripple. My trace looks
like
that shown in manual. I have decided to sell the LTC-905 and keep my
7CT1N.
This unit has the 3 wire power cable.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Clark bclark207@... [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@...> wrote:

Ripple, or phase error? - see section B on pg 3 in the users manual. I
had the same problem, and solved it by reversing the curve tracer plug
in the wall outlet.

On 02/13/2017 03:01 PM, Jerry Massengale jmassen418@...
[TekScopes] wrote:

Hi,

My just recieved Leader LTC-905 Curve Tracer has a small ripple on
the
display curves as displayed on my 2465A scope. The electrolytics in
the box
have good ESR. Suggestions?

jerry