Re: OT Ripple Leader LTC-905

Jerry Massengale <jmassen418@...>

Hi,

Yes, mine has a 3 wire power cord and the green wire is tied to the chassis
as is the system ground. I looked at the 3 dc power busses and they are
clean and at the correct voltage. The output of the step generator looks
good at the output of the buffer. I am concerned with a very long ground
bus directly tied to earth. I was tempted to disconnect chassis gnd from
signal gnd but decided to sell it instead. Another issue is the 3 banana
jacks for the transistor connection are not on the standard 0.75 inch
spacing that fit my adapters. This is all part of my downsizing efforts. I
recently sold my 576 that I really liked. One option was to use a 7CT1N
with my 7704A, The other was to acquire the Leader LTC-905 and use it with
my 2465A. I put the 905 on ebay for a very low price and will soon put the
2465A up for sale.

jerry

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Clark bclark207@... [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@...> wrote:

What does the earth connection connect to in the curve tracer? Mine has
an original two-wire cord with standard two-prong plug - not even
polarized.

On 02/14/2017 02:24 PM, Jerry Massengale jmassen418@...
[TekScopes] wrote:

Hi,

Replacing the 4 rectifiers greatly reduced the ripple. My trace looks
like
that shown in manual. I have decided to sell the LTC-905 and keep my
7CT1N.
This unit has the 3 wire power cable.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Clark bclark207@... [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@...> wrote:

Ripple, or phase error? - see section B on pg 3 in the users manual. I
had the same problem, and solved it by reversing the curve tracer plug
in the wall outlet.

On 02/13/2017 03:01 PM, Jerry Massengale jmassen418@...
[TekScopes] wrote:

Hi,

My just recieved Leader LTC-905 Curve Tracer has a small ripple on
the
display curves as displayed on my 2465A scope. The electrolytics in
the box
have good ESR. Suggestions?

jerry

Yahoo Groups Links