Re: Tek 500-Series scope in a movie.

ditter2

I have not seen the movie yet, but intend to.

If it is a 545B, then the timing is not accurate. The 'B' model was introduced in the late 1960's (1967?), while the movie was the lead up to, and beginning of the Mercury program - 5 years earlier. A 545A would have been more accurate, although IBM was using the early 400 series - the 422, (then 453, then 475) for service of the early mainframes.

Last weekend I visited the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. They have two labs showing restored running historic computers. The Digital Equipment Corporation PEP-1 lab has a running Tek 545A with CA plug-in.

Steve