Re: 468 DSO B timebase triggering

Colin Herbert

Ok,

It seems that I may have not described what I called "intensity cycling"
very well. It is rather like a signal being applied to the Z-axis which is
close in frequency to that applied to the Y-axis, but not identical. The
brightness (or should I say the blanking) is "rolling" along the last full
waveform cycle under the conditions that I mentioned. The other feature
(which I think David has described as being "normal") is that the horizontal
trace doesn't extend over the last two divisions of the screen when the A
and B time-bases are set to the same rate. The waveform doesn't matter -
square, sine and triangle all show the same behaviour.

I appreciate that this isn't a display situation which one might normally
seek to use. It all came about from me checking out the triggering for both
time-bases. I understand how the B time-base can be used as a delayed
time-base but I don't feel insulted by Tom's suggestion that I am unfamiliar
with this.

I don't possess a 465B, though I do have the manual. I have to say that I am
surprised that there is similarity between the 468 and 465B scopes.
Superficially, most of the 400-series look similar, but the 464 and 466,
while looking very much alike, don't even share a CRT (I have 464, 468, 475A
and two non-functioning 466s from this series). The nature of the switching
of the 468, being a DSO, also has some obvious physical differences, largely
due to the digital logic, which I don't understand much at all!

Colin.