Re: New Member Dead 7704

volvoboy242@...

I have swapped the plugins around in their respective A/B slots but I haven't tried swapping them from horizontal/vertical slots. I have wiggle tested the plugins to see if bad contacts might be causing problems.
I tried wiggling what I think are the 10 number chips on the display board as one or two of the characters seem to flicker intermittently.
What I did made no difference.
I'll give your suggestion a try.
The display works very intermittently and usually, the only way to see anything on screen is with the beam finder.
I tried to pull a square wave off my handheld while the 7704 was "working" but got this:

I downloaded the generic troubleshooting guide and the 7704 operating manual.

I haven't found the manuals for my plugins yet.

The other time plugin I accidentally bought ( ) should arrive today.
I'll be able to switch back and forth for comparison.
I'll post results later.

It would probably help if I knew something about electronics, other then having excellent unsoldering/soldering skills and being able to read a DVOM!
I'm pretty sure that everything has to actually hit the screen of the CRT before I can troubleshoot the rest of the scope.
Again, the boards inside look very clean, not stinky and nothing I can see is burned or exploded.
I haven't touched anything with DVOM or scope as I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway.
If you guys want me to check something or try swapping something around, let me know.
I'll post back with pics, videos or values....whatever you ask for.
I've got good hands but I'm a monkey with a Tek 7704.