Re: New Member Dead 7704

Your oscilloscope is a complex instrument but it is very well documented. Our troubleshooting suggestions will help you to narrow down the source of the problems you are having. You need to start using the troubleshooting recommendations members of the group make and then report back what the results were if we are to help you.

Have you downloaded a manual yet for the scope mainframe and for each plugin you will own? In it you will find all of the mechanical drawings and those will show you the location of the readout boards.

If you don't know where to find a manual just ask us.

In my previous reply I suggested moving the plugin to another slot, horizontal or vertical to narrow down the problem to the scope or the plugin. You can put the timebase in a vertical slot (Left Vert or Right Vert). What you should see is the trace going vertical instead of horizontal but other than that it will work. You can put the plugin in the other horizontal slot (B Horiz) which will almost certainly change the random readout characters you are getting. What happened when you did this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 5:18 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: New Member Dead 7704

I have another plugin coming.
I'll see if that changes the display.
Another symptom; I let it cool down for an hour and powered it up.
After 1 minute, the display flashed 1 second. Readout and traces.
It did it again 1 minute later and then nothing for the next 20 minutes.
Holding the beam finder showed the squished readout and traces.

------------------------------------
Posted by: volvoboy242@...
------------------------------------

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.