Re: TG501 Help

Albert Otten

Hi Guido, w.r.t. that trace jumping up and down. What happens when you trigger from the trigger output and insert an attenuator in the marker output coax line? The jumps amplitude could reduce accordingly, or stay the same.
W.r.t. those ripples at the 7S11 offset output, I don't see any source for that in the TG501/TM500. The 7704A switches at 40 kHz; 25 us or perhaps 50 us is too far from your measured period time I think.
You could eliminate the 7T11 by using an ordinary time base like a 7B80. The between samples time produced now by the 7S11's internal generator are deliberately not constant ("modulated"). That might help to identify the source of the ripples.
Albert