Re: Wanted 7dB, 5W attenuator SMA M-F >4GHz

I was going to say the same thing. When I was hunting for 14 dB SMA
attenuators to complement my Tektronix x5 (14 dB) BNC attenuators, the
easiest solution was to use a 6 dB (x2) and 8 dB (x2.5) attenuator in
series because they are much more common.

2 watt SMA attenuators are more common but 5 watt ones are available.
If a 5 watt 6 dB attenuator is first in the chain, then the 1 dB
attenuator can be lower power. Or use two 2 watt 3 dB attenuators in
series followed by a 1 dB attenuator.

Besides Ebay, ham radio swap meets are good places to find used or NOS
coaxial attenuators.

On 03 Nov 2016 12:47:01 -0700, you wrote:

You may have better luck in finding a 6 dB, 5 W unit, followed by a 1 dB unit - these are (more) common types.

Ed