Cover removal on a 2236 scope

bim.huck@...

I am sure this is a one off problem but here goes.

I have a 2236 scope that I have owned since new. I am guessing that would be close to 40 years!

I went to remove the case to clean a few controls and switches but it won't come off. I have had no trouble in the past with any of my other Tek scopes removing the covers.

It appears to be stuck around the front plate.

Any chance they might have put tape or some adhesive to hold it in place?

Again .... the cover has never been off.

Any and all suggestions welcome before I get physical with it.

Thanks.......Jim