From: Doxemf doxemf@... [TekScopes] <TekScopes@...>
To: TekScopes <TekScopes@...>
Sent: Mon, Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 5k plugins

They are physically compatible but the ID slots cut in the edge connector are not so as to prevent the accidental wrong mainframe use. No big deal. Just pull the blocking inserts out of the connectors or cut new slots. There double contact and plated thru connections to watch out for. If you haven't seen it, there is a 500 series backplane app manual on tekwiki. I have a custom PI somewhere that has the edge conn terminated in wirewrap terminals for custom builds. It has some odd protoboard mounted but easy to strip out. Don't remember what series it is and will check.
Bill, KB3DKS