Re: Tektronix 465 No Trace, No Dot

Malcolm Hunter

On 12 April 2016 at 07:13, w7qed@... [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@...> wrote:

Then I got brave and hooked up my Simpson 260 from chassis to the "-2450"
test point (TP1423 I believe). On the 5kv range it hardly moved. On the 500
volt scale it went about half way up. On the DMM this measured -490V. Now,
it's 11 pm and I know better than to keep at it this evening (as much as I
want to). Any pointers? I will review the cathode voltage circuits tomorrow
and take another peek tomorrow evening.

​What's the impedance of the meter? It's most likely that it's shorting out
the HV​. You need to use a HV probe ideally with gigohm impedance.

Malcolm