From: Dennis Tillman [mailto:@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 8:07 PM
To: 'TekScopes@...' <TekScopes@...>
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] 7S12 TDR Cable

Hi Nathan,

One more thing. The 7S12 has a "shoe" on it which allows you to connect a
7S11 to it to add another vertical amplifier to your scope. Ordinarily most
TDR measurements will only involve sending a pulse down a line and measuring
the reflections that come back. But with two vertical channels you can
monitor two ports. This comes in handy for measuring the response of power
splitters or two port devices.

That 7S11 will require a sampling head such as an S-5 25pSec head.

Both the S-6 and the S-5 were designed by the very talented George Frye at
Tektronix back in the late 1960s. George now owns a company that
manufacturers Audiological Test Equipment in Tigard, OR.

Dennis Tillman W7PF