Re: X-Y mode for Tektronix 2465A

cmjones01

I've just tried this on a 2465 and 2465A here. I turned the SEC/DIV knob
all the way counterclockwise to the X-Y position. CH1 then acts as the X
input, and you can use any of the other channels as Y inputs. The trick is
that you can also select CH1 as a Y input (either by selecting it, or
selecting no input at all so it defaults to CH1) in which case CH1 acts as
both X and Y and you get the diagonal movement as described.

To get true X-Y plotting, connect your X input to CH1, make sure only CH2
is selected, and connect Y input to CH2. That works for me.

Chris

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Mark Huffstutter mhuffstutter@...
[TekScopes] <TekScopes@...> wrote:

Bruce,
If You don't have a copy I've attached
the page from the 2465B manual that
speaks to XY operation. This works on My 2465.

If You are comparing channels 1 and 2, only CH2 should be selected in
Vertical Mode. You should not ground any inputs,
that is Your comparison signal.

Mark

At 12:33 AM 3/22/2016, you wrote:

Gary, thanks for the suggestion. Yesterday we
tried all possible combinations of turning off
CH1 and CH2. Also setting the input of CH2 to
GND. But we'll double check, just to be sure. Any other ideas? Cheers,
Bruce