Re: Shootout of Substitute SG504 heads = a better head.

mosaicmerc

Interesting bit of kit.

I am looking at modifying the TEK SG504 head with an add on instrumentation grade opamp to feedback into the AM input of the HP8753VNA and achieve an improvement on intrinsic the +/- 1dB flatness to 3Ghz.
In effect such a capability would almost make the SG504 unnecessary for me. But I like the instrument's serviceability so I'll keep it.

If that project works well I may just upgrade the jellybean LM358 in the SG504 to get improved SG504 leveling Spec.