Re: Shootout of Substitute SG504 heads = a better head.

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

Some might wonder why it would be worth concerning ourselves with differences that are less than
0.1dB. The answer is simple - because we can.
Dennis Tillman W7PF
I agree with the sentiment Dennis - I'm just as anal about measurement accuracy as most of us. But
in practical terms, 0.1dB (even as a delta) is (a) very hard to measure (b) you can easily see
differences of this order, and larger, by wobbling a BNC connection or inaccurately torqueing an
SMA, (c) is right on the hairy limit of insertion loss and VSWR for top flight SMA's
http://www.amphenolrf.com/connectors/sma.html and certainly on the hairy edge for BNC's
http://www.amphenolrf.com/connectors/bnc.html and (d) is less than 0.1 division on an 8 division
screen.

Craig