Re: Timebase and CRT Issues on Tektronix Type 545A

I have a Lavoie LA-265A which is a clone of the Tektronix 545A and
practically identical. I use the Tektronix 545A manual to work on it.

I agree with Craig because of what I am seeing in your photos; start
with the low voltage power supply outputs. Ignore the -1350 volt
cathode supply and +8650 volt PDA (post deflection acceleration)
supply for now.

It looks to me like one or more of the low voltage power supply
outputs is wrong and what you are seeing on the CRT is the result of
that and massive amounts of ripple causing improper operation.

The scan of the 545A manual at BAMA that vladimirshs mentions is
excellent.