Re: Shootout of Substitute SG504 heads = a better head.

So you calibrated the SA by using a stable source (the SG504?) and a
Boonton 4210-4B to about +/-0.15dB and then used the SA to evaluate
the two different SG504 leveling head designs, right?

Why not just use the Boonton 4210-4B directly without the SA?

Do we have any details about how Tektronix determined the performance
of the SG504? The specifications say:

"Flatness is referenced to the NBS corrections of Tektronix standards.
Uncertainties of the NBS are not included in this specification."

Which I take to mean Tektronix sent their golden power meter or other
measuring instrument off to NBS and it was returned with a calibration
curve.