Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 2:00 PM
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] Looking for a Broadband (>1GHz) Noise Source

Dennis,
There was a ham construction article a while back, I think in qex, that used a noise.com diode. I think they will calibrate it for a ham at a steep discount.
http://bytecollector.com/archive/misc/BuildYourOwnNoiseSource.pdf
http://www.rf-microwave.com/datasheets/2581_generic_KIT-NS_01.pdf
73,
Mike
N2LYM

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 04:42 PM, 'Dennis Tillman' @Dennis_Tillman_W7pF [TekScopes] wrote:
I am looking for a broadband noise source to use to test my Tek spectrum
analyzers with.
Ideally it should be flat to 1GHz and roll off above that would be
acceptable.
This one on Ebay (eBay item number:251953200778) caught my eye initially
until I saw it was not flat.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251953200778?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/251953200778?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageNam
e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT> &ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Does anyone have a recommendation or suggestion for what I should look for?
Thanks, Dennis Tillman W7PF

Posted by: n2lym <n2lym@...>