Re: Shootout of Substitute SG504 heads = a better head.

mosaicmerc

I just did a quick check (5 min warm up) as it occurred to me that perhaps the 2nd harmonic was less in my design which made the detector see a lower overall amplitude and compensate the fundamental flatness a little better (a bit higher level).

Well at 650Mhz (6dB input) I can just see the 1300Mhz harmonic at - 44dBm down.
With my head we have a 5.74dBm fundamental level, David's shows a 5.66dBm level. Both show the same 2nd harmonic.

So that's just one less source of the difference although it doesn't answer specifically why there is a difference.