Re: Tek 2247A [SN B029000] Recap and diode part list ?

Darren Ting

Hi David.

Just my guest, could this bipolar required for slow start circuit operation and overheat termostat cut off to operate or functional?
Need someone expert in this area to advice.  Other than those I really can't find logical reason putting bipolar in a PSU.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, 19 Mar, 2016 at 12:28, David davidwhess@gmail.com [TekScopes]<TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
I do not doubt you but how did you determine that A18C2204 and
A18C2248 are bi-polar?

I took a very close look at the schematic did not see any way in which
either capacitor could be subject to reverse voltage. My guess is
that Tektronix used bi-polar capacitor for some other obscure reason.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:56:50 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

Hi David,

There are two Capacitors  A18C2204 and A18C2248  [CAP,FXD,ELCTLT:100UF,20%,63V] in this 2247A  using bi-polarized cap, does it save to replace with normal polarized cap?
Any idea why need to use bi-polarized cap in PSU?
Hope to hear your advice

Thanks