Re: 1502 YT recorder final repair note

Peter Gottlieb

Of course. It relaxes me to fix stuff up. I have a few items in my queue at this point.

Peter

On 3/16/2016 10:04 PM, Richard Pope mechanic_2@... [TekScopes] wrote:

Peter,
Doesn't it feel great when it works out like that. Glad to hear it
that it is fixed or at least almost fixed.
Thanks,
rich!

On 3/16/2016 6:52 PM, Peter Gottlieb hpnpilot@... [TekScopes] wrote:

After all my other repairs, the YT chart recorder was still hard over
to the
left. Since I could desolder the CA3130 without disassembling the
thing I tried
that first, substituting a socket (the round metal can leads had been
formed
into a 8 pin DIP pattern anyway). Looked up the CA3130, wow, special
super high
input impedance, what the heck? Why did they choose that for this
application?
Don't need that at all, freq response is uncritical, same with voltage
swing.
Dropped in an OP07 as I had a pile of them nearby and it worked
perfectly. Now
the chart recorder is doing what it should. Pretty standard 8 pin DIP
pinout, I
bet most any modern op-amp would work there.

Next I'll adjust it properly then get the connector to mate fully then
I can put
the 1502 back together.

Peter