Re: 2465x A5 Crystal upgrade

Chuck Harris

Hi Menahem,

Questions aren't the issue here. I subscribe mostly
to the assertion that there is no such thing as a stupid
question. Only "mostly" because that assertion presumes
that the questioner is asking the question in earnest,
which I presumed to be the case.

My letter to the group was intended to go only to you.

I will, however use my unintentional public release as
an opportunity to comment about the A5 crystal upgrade,
and other similar upgrades made without well considered
justification.

Arthur C. Clarke's third law states: Any sufficiently
advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

If one views the 2465 as magic, or magical, perhaps one
shouldn't advise others in how to make inexplicable and
unverifiable "enhancements" to that magic?

Advice that I frequently try to live by...

I never intend to offend anyone... but frequently
manage to do so anyway.

-Chuck Harris

@yachadm [TekScopes] wrote:

Chuck,

This nonsense is how I learn. There is so much stuff out there, that I will never
be able to know-it-all ;-)

My specialty and expertise is audio.

My scope is but a tool for my audio work. About scope circuits, I know perhaps 5%
(and even that's probably exaggerating) of what you Tek gurus do.

So when I ask a question, and it looks like nonsense (and it doesn't offend me
that you call it nonsense!), I still need an answer, even if the question is
nonsense!

Crystal accuracy in Digital Audio is critical. Coming from that viewpoint, I
thought so too, here in the scope circuit. Turns out I was wrong - no problem!

For me, this topic has been very informative.

Menahem