Re: 1502 chart recorder

Torch Fireman

Several years ago I ran into a similar problem. I needed a cogged drive
belt for an old outboard. OMC price was $60 if you could find one.
Goodyear and Gates both made the identical belt, readily available for
$5 -- $11.

These guys have a nice on-line selector tool that may help you find a
standard part number from the dimensions:

https://www.motioncanada.ca/taxonomy/Mechanical%20Power%20Transmission/Power%20Transmission%20Belts%20&%20Belt%20Pulleys/Power%20Transmission%20Belts/Synchronous%20&%20Timing%20Belts/browse/en

The Gates PDF catalog explains the terms and sizing a little more:

http://www.gatesmectrol.com/common/downloads/files/mectrol/brochure/GatesMectrol_Belt_Pulley_Catalog.pdf

Goodyear has a really comprehensive PDF catalog:

http://www.goodyearrubberproducts.com/2010newpdfs/Goodyear%20PTP%20Full%20Line%20Catalog%202010.pdf

On 15/03/2016 11:23 PM, Ken Chalfant kpchalfant@... [TekScopes] wrote:
Greetings,

You may already know, but just in case, the drive belt is actually a miniature timing belt.

Allow me to suggest that you determine the proper width, circumference (pitch length), and “teeth" per inch.

Perhaps “Stock Drive Products / Sterling Instruments” (SDP/SI) will be able to supply the timing belt you seek.

http://sdp-si.com/products/miniature-belts-and-pulleys-inch.htm<http://sdp-si.com/products/miniature-belts-and-pulleys-inch.htm>