Re: MAKING EXCELLENT PCBs using toner transfer

Darren Ting

I found following combination give best result. 1. Copper surface MUST be really really clean.
2. Print on thin paper. I tried using "Computer" magazine from computer.org work best. This thin paper like melting away once hit water.
3. Get a soft rubber roller from old laser printer to roll after iron. Iron surface to hard will distorted the circuit.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, 15 Mar, 2016 at 3:34, Gordon tekscopes@mgcsoft.com [TekScopes]<TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote: On 08/03/2016 11:51, Gordon tekscopes@mgcsoft.com [TekScopes] wrote:
  BUT,
there are pros and cons about doing your own (double sided). My
perspective comes from doing mostly surface mount, I don't do any
exclusively through hole.
I'm doing a board at the moment and it reminded me - Whichever method
you use, it's best to copper pour both sides, assuming it doesn't
interfere electrically. If you don't you end up etching the tracks more
than you want just to get rid of large copper areas. That and your
etchant lasts longer.

Gordon

Yahoo Groups Links