Re: 7854 Repair & Restoration

On 14 Mar 2016 13:38:41 -0700, you wrote:

As fpr the reference level tunnel diode pulser, you're speaking of the 067-0681-01, right? I haven't lost faith that I'll be able to repair mine - even if I have to totally rebuild it. I have all of the parts it could possibly need down to the 9uf 125V wet tantalum cap.
Tektronix made a couple of suitable sources including that one. A
type 284 pulse generator would work.
What about a 109 Pulse gen?
In theory a Type 109 could be used but its low 700 Hz repetition rate
makes for a very dim display and the mercury relays have a limited
operating life of 200 hours so finding one which works well will be
difficult or impossible.

An S-50 or S-52 sampling head might be acceptable but they require a
separate plug-in or power supply.

The 067-0513-00 is another tunnel diode pulse generator which should
work. It is basically a battery powered S-50.