Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 6:22 AM
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] Re: OT 10Mhz references

Dennis,

I suspect that the fountain clock must have seen significant improvements
given that it is now the showcase machine at NIST and is their F1 and F2
standards.

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/nist-f2-atomic-clock-040314.cfm
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/nist-f2-atomic-clock-040314.cfm
When working with the National Science Foundation a short distance from the
(then NBS) labs, I would occasionally stop by their electronics supply room
to pick up parts. As part of the process, I would then wander around the
labs and get a great opportunity to see where things were going with respect
to time and frequency. The neat thing that always impressed me was that
they had the time to delve deeply into these subjects as opposed to us
mortals who have to spend our time doing other things to make a living.

Greg
Posted by: big_sky_explorer@yahoo.com