Re: 7A13 Knob

John Dickens <jake_117_dickens@...>

Nathan,

I too need the big knob for my 7A13. If anyone makes knobs, I would like to buy one.

John

On Mar 12, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Nathan Johnson jdownj@gmail.com [TekScopes] <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I'm going to buy the used knob from the member who offered it above, and then
try to make several Tek knobs.
A coworker with a lathe is making metal inserts, and with some decent CAD, I'll
probably send the files to Shapeways. Probably won't be anything like perfect
looking, but functional.
Nathan KK4REY

Sent using CloudMagic Email
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pi&;cv=7.4.15&pv=9.1&source=email_footer_2 <https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pi&;cv=7.4.15&pv=9.1&source=email_footer_2>]
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 15:29, hewpatek@gmail.com <mailto:hewpatek@gmail.com> [TekScopes]
<TekScopes@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
The problem with the "replacement" knob on the 'bay is that the Al insert is
more in front (from the faceplate) than with the original. The hex fastening
screw is as well. I'm not at all convinced that it (the inner knob) would fit,
even after removing the plastic black insert. I have both one of those knobs (I
think). I'll be in my lab again early next week and can try if it fits my 7A13.

Raymond