Re: Tektronic 466 - Storage Modes inop

Jim McIntyre

Yes - It'd be nice to know what triggered this. Replacing these 4 parts has restored basic storage functionality. My best guess is there was a previous failed service attempt. There were some signs of this on the A10 Assy. Many of the adjustment pots are at one extreme, there is some flux residue around some of the jumper wires, and several of the TTL logic chips aren't original to the instrument.

There are still some issues, but variable presistence is now sort-of working, and the erase works. So I'm hoping it just needs adjustment now.

One valuable lesson I have learned is these TO-92 transistors do not have their base lead always bent the same way, so it's easy to get the E and C swapped if you're not paying attention...