Re: 2465A focus

chipbee40

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the response, turned out to be a duff tube, what a pita that is to swap to test!
Initially though the focus at end stop was caused by misadjustment of the edge focus internally.

---In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, <chris@...> wrote :

I've got four 24xx scopes, and on three of them the optimum focus point is
roughly in the middle of the focus knob's travel. One one of them (a 2465)
the best focus is with the focus knob turned all the way counter-clockwise.
In that position the display is as sharp as the other scopes, so I've never
looked in to why it is the way it is, but something odd must be going on.

This probably isn't a lot of help to you but it shows that oddness with the
focus control is not unknown.

Chris