Re: 7A13 Knob

The first thing I would try is knurling the outside of the metal
insert and using epoxy or hobby grade cyanoacrylate glue to set it
within the plastic. Ideally the fit should be an interference fit to
provide for proper centering.

I am tempted to start an index of which plug-ins use which knobs.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:24:21 +0100, you wrote:

It'll work fine with the thermoplastic 3D printing material.
I have inserted nuts before to get a stronger thread, just used a
soldering iron to heat them up.

With something large and thin like a knob, I would recommend to have
cold water nearby so you can set the plastic as soon as the insert is
in place. Otherwise the stored heat will transfer from the metal into
the plastic and possibly deform it on the outside.

I don't see why you couldn't make it a slip fit and epoxy it in.

ST