Re: TDS 380 calibration and vertical scale problem

David Wilson

It looks like I am in a real bind desoldering ch2 hybrid from the mainboard. The joints are through hole and some of the joints I was able to get the solder off at the top but at the bottom there is suborn solder that just refuses the come out. I tried desoldering several times but not having much luck. Since I don't want to break anything I thought about putting it back back the way it is and just use as is. A partially working scope is better than a broken one.

I could use a soldering iron to flow solder back in the through hole and try to desolder once again. The board is about 4 mm thick approximately and so are the through hole joints.