Re: Tek 7854 Info, Repair, Restore

You would not need the 7S11 at all but using the 7S12 as a sampling
sweep requires the S-53 Trigger Recognizer head which is shown in the
photo. This configuration gives roughly the capability of a 7T11
without the random sampling capability so a delay line would be needed
to see the triggering edge.

I think the delay line is more rare and expensive than a 7S14 which is
why I recommended the later. The 7T11 and 7T11A do away with needing
the delay line as well because of their random sampling capability but
are more difficult to use than a 7S14.

On 24 Feb 2016 15:26:27 -0800, you wrote:

Would it be possible to use a 7S12 as the timebase for a 7S11 in order to calibrate a 106 square wave gen? If so, would I need the 7M11 delay line?

I got the idea from one of Peter's Tekwiki images.

http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/File:7s12-7s11-1ghz-store.jpg http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/File:7s12-7s11-1ghz-store.jpg