Re: Bringing up to snuff a Tek 465M

The reason I think it is secondary emission and not an optical effect
is that it cuts off abruptly at the edge of the halo and the diameter
of the halo does not change with intensity. The elections always hit
the phosphor with the same energy from the total acceleration creating
the same secondary emission; intensity just varies how many of them
there are.

On 16 Feb 2016 14:26:45 -0800, you wrote:

I totally agree with you, David re. the bleed not being caused by the mesh. I totally missed the dot-concentric nature of the "halo". and the brightness tapering off nicely instead of the interference-like rings that accompany the mesh' effect. Secondary (electron) emission is a possibility but photon scattering/dispersion and bleed within the phosphor could be part of it. The video was made in relatively low light as well.

Raymond