Re: 7904 - Very Dim Trace

Thanks to David DiGiacomo for correcting me on this. I did not even
notice that the DC restorers are on a separate board from the z-axis
amplifier. I have not had my 7904 apart that far.

The z-axis board includes the amplifiers and adjustments including the
grid bias control. I think you could get by with just making
measurements to verify proper operation but changing it should do no
harm and looks to be the easiest thing to do.

On 16 Feb 2016 06:39:38 -0800, you wrote:

Right. So far, I've not torn into the HV sections of the power supply. Replacing/Fixing the Z-axis board is on the path of least resistance...
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 22:56:40 -0700, you wrote:

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 10:31 PM, David <@DWH> wrote:

agree that your proposed steps are the way to go. The z-axis DC
restorer is the most likely suspect so replace or rebuild the z-axis
board
Except the DC restorer is in the high voltage module, not on the Z-axis board...