Re: 7904 - Very Dim Trace

Nuke the Fluke, err, I mean float the Fluke.

It is the only way to be sure. :)

Carbon composition resistors have a high voltage coefficient of
resistance but that only applies at high voltages which this decidedly
is not.

If the thermal coefficient of resistance is a problem then the
resistor is bad and in that case, I would expect the nominal value to
be wrong as well.

On 14 Feb 2016 20:32:14 -0800, you wrote:

Sure - anything's possible I suppose. I now know that carbon comp resistors have a large voltage coefficient, but that's not really related to this. Anyway, changing out this resistor is pretty easy. I'll can give that a try...

It's easier and less risky than attempting to float my TRMS Fluke at -3 kV...