Re: Introduction of myself!

On 14 Feb 2016 19:25:05 -0800, you wrote:

I have a 067-0625-00 peak to peak detector that has a pair of good mercury batteries in it, but according to part numbers and specs, not only are they the wrong ones, they are much higher capacity. Same voltage, though. Regardless of whether that is a feasible option, I would definitely be more than willing/happy to perform modifications to the unit to accommodate modern batteries. There is a local machine shop that would be more than happy to design and make adapters if necessary. I may not have all that much experience, but I've got the determination and an open mind!

As for the 7M11 dual analog delay lines, they appear to be more expensive than I just paid for my 7854, a matching 7B87 timebase, AND a 7A24 amplifier..... so unless I have no choice, I prefer to avoid. Doesn't the 564 use the same type of custom line as the 7M11 for it's delay, though?
I do not know about the 564 but I was not recommending a 7M11 for the
reason you identify; it is both rare and usually expensive.

The 7S14 is more common and easier to use than a 7T11 in random
sampling mode. Just thinking about everything which can go wrong with
a 7T11 raises the hair on the back of my neck.