Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:12 PM
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] PG502 power lamp off

Hi Christoph,
Wouldn't it be more likely that the bulb burned out than a transistor went
bad?
The TM500 plugins all used ordinary incandescent bulbs and they all, in my
opinion, had relatively short lifetimes compared to how long the plugins
have been in use. Of course when most of the plugins were designed LEDs were
not common or as cheap as these bulbs were. The power bulbs in most TM500
plugins I own are dead by now.
For a while I was buying exact replacements for the bulbs when I could find
them but now I just replace them with LEDs whenever a dead one becomes
annoying enough.

Dennis