Re: OT: Win 8.1 and 10?

Tom Gardner

Another set of reviews, hints and tips is at http://www.dedoimedo.com/computer_software.html Scroll halfway down to get to his Windows stuff.

He's brash and opinionated, but pleasantly o/s agnostic. Worth reading to cut through some of the adulation and flack, and to form an opinion as to what matters (and does not matter) to you.

On 08/02/16 21:01, geoffrey thomas geoffreythomas@... [TekScopes] wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02/02/microsoft_ups_pressure_win_10_holdouts/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/26/microsoft_renamed_data_slurper_reinserted_windows_10/

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/are-recent-patches-windows-78-letting-microsoft-spy-you.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmosbest+%28Gizmo%27s+Best-ever+Freeware%29

http://winaero.com/blog/telemetry-and-data-collection-are-coming-to-windows-7-and-windows-8-too/

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/list-of-windows-7-telemetry-updates-to-avoid.379151/

https://www.hackread.com/microsoft-updates-spy-on-windows7-8-users/

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/28/microsoft-intensifies-data-collection-on-windows-7-and-8-systems/

http://appsensebigot.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/windows-10-part-4-secure-your-privacy.html

http://superuser.com/questions/972501/how-to-stop-microsoft-from-gathering-telemetry-data-from-windows-7-8-and-8-1

https://github.com/WindowsLies/BlockWindows

Make up your mind from the above, take your time. Your computer has
probably already downloaded the new win10 system ready to go- 6 GB is
good fun if you're on a limited connection.

Geoff.

On 08/02/2016 20:53, mechanic_2@... [TekScopes] wrote:
Hello all,
I am posing this question in this group because of the high level of experience and knowledge. I have just built a dream computer and I installed Win 8.1 on it. MS is offering Win 10 as an upgrade. Could I please get thoughts on this.
Thanks,
rich!