Re: OT: Win 8.1 and 10?

Tom Gardner

On 08/02/16 21:04, Artek Manuals manuals@... [TekScopes] wrote:

Depends on what software you run... I upgraded ONE machine and was
plagued with lockups... I reverted back to WIN-7 ... I will wait till
Service pack 1 comes out even if I have to pay for WIN-10 by then...why
do you think they are giving away WIN-10 upgrades?
Partly to recover their reputation a little bit. But MS has stated that Win10
will be "the last Windows" due to continual incremental upgrades, and that
they want to move to "subscription pricing". That's a fancy name for
renting the operating system, and it will earn MS more in the long run.

Whether that worries or comforts you is a personal decision.

As your friendly neighbourhood free-marketeer knows instinctively,
"the first one is free".