Re: OT: Win 8.1 and 10?

ArtekManuals

WIN XP was officially supported up until April 2014 (12 years after initial release) this was 5 years after WIN-7 was released in 2009. There was a lot of pressure to get rid of the crash prone XP platform. WIN 7 on the other hand was lauded for it crash free nature. I cant remember the last time I saw the "blue screen of death"

IMO WIN-8 is to WIN-10 as VISTA was to WIN-7 . '
I have no doubt WIN-10 will survive its puberty and become a solid player someday .Giving WIN10 away is genius where else are you going to recruit 110 million beta testers for free. It is an interesting gamble on MS part

Dave
NR1DX

On 2/8/2016 5:15 PM, 'Richard R. Pope' mechanic_2@... [TekScopes] wrote:
Dave,
How long was it between the time that WinXP was no longer available
to the OEMs and the time that MS discontinued complete support for it?
Thanks,
rich!

--
Dave