Re: OT: Win 8.1 and 10?

Richard R. Pope

Raymond,
I like the way 8.1 looks. I guess that is just me. My big thing was
that I had to replace my hardware. I don't buy the pre-made systems. I
am a power user and I always build custom systems. None of my previous
systems had the necessary hardware to support anything beyond 7.
Thanks,
rich!

On 2/8/2016 3:54 PM, @Raymond [TekScopes] wrote:

Here I go again...

Ed,
Is it possible to set up Win 10 to look like Win XP
Yes, AFAIK. Configure Win-10 as though your machine has fewer visual
capabilities. It's been possible with previous Win-versions as well.
In Win-7 it's in Control Panel, Performance Options, Visual Effects.
It will not be exactly XP but have simpler looks and graphical
features that you desire. MS does not allow the use of a very limited
machine for Win-10, so I don't know how Retro you can go.
Can't say precisely where in Win-10. I have to admit I'm sitting in
front of a not-yet-upgraded Win-7 machine. Only reason is lack of time
yet and critical machine with users on separate disk, so possibly a
bit tricky. No other Win-machine in sight, just Apple OS X...

Raymond