Re: OT: Win 8.1 and 10?

ArtekManuals

IMO .if history is any indication WIN-7 will be supported for at least another 3-5 years

Just last week , I had to take my WIN-XP laptop out of mothballs because WIN-7/PRO/64 wouldn't run a 16bit DOS based application I needed for a piece of legacy hardware

If your only running MS based software (Word, IE, Xcel, etc) then go ahead if you have a piece of non MS software you truly love , I would contact the developer to see if it is supported in WIN-10 before I went that way
Dave
NR1DX

On 2/8/2016 4:21 PM, 'Richard R. Pope' mechanic_2@... [TekScopes] wrote:
Dave,
I am going with 8.1 because I believe that 7 is on the way out and
in less than a year it will no longer be supported the same as XP. It
already is no longer available for OEM installation by Dell, HP and
others. I wondered about 10 and I will be waiting. I will hide it so
that it is not longer an option. Would you like to see pictures of my
new system?
Thanks,
rich!
P.S. I appreciate your large library of manuals.
Thanks,
rich!

On 2/8/2016 3:00 PM, Artek Manuals manuals@... [TekScopes]
wrote:

> Uninstall WIN-8 and instal WIN-7
> WIN-8 was an Alpha test and WIN-10 is the worlds largest BETA test
> Wait another year till WIN-10 has an update
>
> Dave
> ArtekManuals.com
>
> On 2/8/2016 3:53 PM, mechanic_2@... [TekScopes] wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I am posing this question in this group because of the high level of
> > experience and knowledge. I have just built a dream computer and I
> > installed Win 8.1 on it. MS is offering Win 10 as an upgrade. Could I
> > please get thoughts on this.
> > Thanks,
> > rich!
> >

> --