Re: OT: Win 8.1 and 10?

Ed Breya

While we're on the subject, I have a question. Is it possible to set up Win 10 to look like Win XP - actually more like "Windows Classic" for lack of a better name? I like the interface with a good old-fashioned desktop with lean, rectangular windows, and little tiny icons - not the stupid artsy-fartsy bubbly 3-D effect stuff that just wastes space and attention. A few years ago I bought a new laptop PC when everything was pretty much already selling with Win 8. I hated the interface with the big buttons and crap - it looked like a kiosk in a mall. Rather than take a chance that it would not allow it to roll back to looking like a computer, I had to pay extra to get an older machine that still had Win 7 - they were already selling at a premium, apparently due to demand from others who may have thought the same, or had other issues with Win 8.

Ed