Re: Anybody have a nice 465(B) 468 or 475(a) to sell?

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:30:36 +0000, you wrote:

On 28/01/2016 04:49, tranquility@... [TekScopes] wrote:
Tektronix 465, 468 or 475, "A" or "B" variants equally considered to sell? I am looking for a storage scope with at least 100 mHz bandwidth.
Of those only the 468 is storage. Have a look here
http://barrytech.com/tektronix/portables/tekportables.html to sort out
which are and aren't. Homepage>Tektronix for other Tek series.

Gordon
The 464 and 466 are 100 MHz analog storage oscilloscopes but probably
not what he has in mind. Based on writing rate, the 464 has a single
shot storage bandwidth of about 7.5 MHz and in reduced scan mode, the
466 has a single shot storage bandwidth of about 100 MHz.

I used a 464 about 15 years ago and while it worked, I was not
impressed with the clarity of its storage display compared to the 7834
which I have now but others here have reported better performance.

The 468 is a digital storage oscilloscope but without equivalent time
sampling, its maximum sample rate of 25 MSamples/Second only supports
a pretty low storage bandwidth.

The 2230 was the follow on product to the 468 and it *does* support
equivalent time sampling so its digital storage works to 100 MHz on
repetitive signals. It also supports peak detection which I consider
mandatory in a general purpose DSO. The 2232 is an upgrade to the
2230 with a sample rate of 100 MSamples/Second instead of 20
MSamples/second.