Re: Protected PDF's

ArtekManuals

On 1/28/2016 1:26 AM, Tothwolf tothwolf@... [TekScopes] wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Artek Manuals manuals@... [TekScopes] wrote:
On 1/27/2016 8:04 PM, Tom Gardner tggzzz@... [TekScopes] wrote:
On 27/01/16 23:21, Sigurður �sgeirsson siggi@... [TekScopes] wrote:
I tried this on my iPad, and assumed Chrome uses the same PDF viewer
across platforms. It looks like on iOS it uses the OS-provided PDF
viewer, as iBooks, Safari and Chrome all fail to render the doc I
tested (< http://hakanh.com/dl/docs/kitinstructions/045-0034-00.pdf>
IIRC).

Chrome on Linux has no problem with it, though, so maybe a more
accurate statement is that the iOS PDF viewer is unable to cope?
Linux, Firefox, Okular: fail
Linux, Firefox, Evince: fail
Linux, Firefox, gv: opens but almost illegible
Linux, Firefox, epdfview: fail
Linux, Chrome: OK
And your point is?

Dave
ArtekManuals.com
Don't assume everyone uses Windows and Adobe Acrobat Reader 9+.

I dont ...I assume that 95% of the user base uses Win-7 and Adobe ...the Linux crowd usually figures out a work around anyway ...that is the nature of Linux and half the fun

Dave

--
Dave
Manuals@...