Re: Protected PDF's

ArtekManuals

On 1/28/2016 7:40 AM, Tom Gardner tggzzz@... [TekScopes] wrote:

So Hakan has, probably unwittingly, chosen vendor-specific
non-standard encodings.

With this knowledge, Hakan can choose what they think is the most
appropriate
course of action.
Unwittingly ????? IMO you owe Hakan an apology. Who defines what is
standard? Who defines how backward compatible software MUST be? Did I
miss the memo where it says you are the person in charge of defining the
global standard? The same software platform works for one user not for
another ( probably release related)

> Linux, Firefox, Evince: fail

Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS). Firefox v44.0, Evince v3.10.3: Ok.
(Thank you Mark Wendt for putting the software release numbers on your
posting)
IMO ( stress opinion ) you choose ( and we did in our business) the
platform that will reach the MOST users. this is most likely at the
moment WIN-7 and Adobe Reader. The Linux crowd will figure out a way to
make it work anyway (all the time grumbling that life is not fair)
which is the very nature of Linux and the its user community anyway.

Manuals on an Iphone ? Not what the industry envisioned I suspect. I can
hardly read a 34 x 11 schematic in the original paper format . The mag
tool works well on my 24" desk top monitor screen. Porting that same
schematic to an iPhone is a lot like driving cross country with a GPS
screen that only shows a mile at a time... makes for quite an adventure
fraught with frustration

CHeers
Flame suit On

Dave