Re: Protected PDF's

Tom Gardner

On 28/01/16 11:33, public@... [TekScopes] wrote:
On 28.01.2016 02:38, vev@... [TekScopes] wrote:
On Wed, January 27, 2016 8:04 pm, Tom Gardner tggzzz@... [TekScopes]
wrote:
On 27/01/16 23:21, Sigurður �sgeirsson siggi@... [TekScopes] wrote:
I tried this on my iPad, and assumed Chrome uses the same PDF viewer
across
platforms. It looks like on iOS it uses the OS-provided PDF viewer, as
iBooks, Safari and Chrome all fail to render the doc I tested (<
http://hakanh.com/dl/docs/kitinstructions/045-0034-00.pdf> IIRC).

Chrome on Linux has no problem with it, though, so maybe a more accurate
statement is that the iOS PDF viewer is unable to cope?
Linux, Firefox, Okular: fail
Linux, Firefox, Evince: fail
Linux, Firefox, gv: opens but almost illegible
Linux, Firefox, epdfview: fail
Linux, Chrome: OK
Linux, Firefox, Adobe plug-in: opens and looks just fine.
Linux, Firefox, Okular works for me just fine, too.

Settings -> Configue -> Obay DRM limitations is not checked.
That looked promising, but it doesn't work for me, sigh.
I get dumped into the KDE wallet (which I've never used)
and after exiting that okular can't open the file.

Vendor lock-in is a real pain and drain on people's time.