Re: Protected PDF's

Tom Gardner

On 28/01/16 01:21, Artek Manuals manuals@... [TekScopes] wrote:

On 1/27/2016 8:04 PM, Tom Gardner tggzzz@... [TekScopes] wrote:

On 27/01/16 23:21, Sigurður Ásgeirsson siggi@... [TekScopes] wrote:

I tried this on my iPad, and assumed Chrome uses the same PDF viewer
across
platforms. It looks like on iOS it uses the OS-provided PDF viewer, as
iBooks, Safari and Chrome all fail to render the doc I tested (<
http://hakanh.com/dl/docs/kitinstructions/045-0034-00.pdf> IIRC).

Chrome on Linux has no problem with it, though, so maybe a more accurate
statement is that the iOS PDF viewer is unable to cope?
Linux, Firefox, Okular: fail
Linux, Firefox, Evince: fail
Linux, Firefox, gv: opens but almost illegible
Linux, Firefox, epdfview: fail
Linux, Chrome: OK

Tom

And your point is?
Points of information, no more, no less.
Explicitly no conclusions nor recommendations nor wishes.

Cross-platform compatibility is difficult for small organisations to assess,
because they don't have range of platforms on which to try things.