Re: Tek 2215

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 18:35:58 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016, Dwayne Verhey tekscopes@... [TekScopes] wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016, Tothwolf tothwolf@... [TekScopes] wrote:

Unfortunately I'm unable to open any of the files I've downloaded from
there. Both of my PDF readers are saying they are encrypted and require
a password.
Interesting. PDFProtection Manager can't access them either.

However, they will open just fine in FireFox's PDF viewer. From there I
was able to print to PDF (using cutepdfwriter) and the resulting file
opened quite cheerfully in Acrobat.
It looks like they were created with Acrobat X and use the encrypted
PDF-1.7 format so older Adobe and non-Adobe PDF software can't open them.
I wonder why Foxit does not have any problems then other than the
stupid "secured" restrictions.