Re: Viable alternative to Yahoo

Torch Fireman

Who said anything about charging or paying? I do not propose any fees (or advertising -- I hate advertising). I already have the bandwidth and storage to support this.

I was thinking of Mailman for an e-mail discussion list, or PHPBB for a web forum. Mailman has a web archive similar to Yahoo, but no means of submitting or replying via the web interface. PHPBB has e-mail notification capability, but posts are only via the web interface. If the ability to post from both e-mail and a web UI is important, I could try setting up a Drupal based site with Mailman integration, but I've not tried that before, so there would be a learning curve at my end.

On 25/01/2016 9:25 PM, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:

I doubt anybody is going to pay for it except voluntarily.

It would not be a replacement unless it support both email and web
access. Personally I have no idea how people put up with web access
to technical discussion forums but it is a good feature to have for
less experienced users. At the same time it is a lot less convenient
and useful than a simple email list server.